- Select options
- Round reserves
- 640,00 € – 750,00 €
- The compromise between weight and price! The SHINE parachute from Supair has a bluffing opening speed thanks to a shorter line cone and a small footprint that allows it to fit in both belly and back pockets. The Shine is a round Pull Down Apex parachute, developed by Supair.
The round rescue parachute has proved its worth since the early days of paragliding. Affordable, compact and easy to pack, it's often the first thing you buy.
How do you choose?
Thanks to its compact size, the round rescue parachute fits all harnesses. It can also be easily fitted into a ventral parachute pocket (also known as a ventral container) for light rando harnesses with leg straps. If you have any doubts about how to install it, don't hesitate to consult the manual, or come and see us directly. We can help you with the initial installation.
Just like your paraglider, a rescue parachute has sizes. To optimise its opening, it is recommended to be 15% below its max ptv. CAD that if the PTV max is 100, the ideal is to be 85kg. Most manufacturers do not take the weight of the glider into account when calculating the total weight of a rescue. We'll have to go back to the scales 🙂
Although not compulsory, it is strongly recommended to ensure your safety.
All paragliding rescue parachutes are subject to European approval. EN 12491To do this, they have to pass a number of tests:
- The opening time must be less than 5s,
- The shock on opening must not exceed 15g,
- Pendulum stability (observation from the ground of the stabilisation of pendulum movements), a parachute that is too unstable will be readjusted (and in any case, instability increases the sink rate...).
- Fall rate: after a minimum fall of 100m, the measurement is taken over the last 30 metres before "ditching" → Max 5.5m/s.
To ensure that it opens effectively, manufacturers also recommend that it be re-bound every year. Tutorials are available to help you, but if you're not sure, don't hesitate to call in a professional or a sail inspection centre.