Here are our different types of paragliding experience in Annecy:
Information and Reservations:
Every day at 04 50 60 79 06
Don't hesitate to call us to find out what type of tandem flight is right for you the best. We are open 7 days /7 to answer your questions. Our reception can also make your reservationfor you and your whole family, because it is perfectly possible to fly with several people ! Not in the same glider, of course, but in the same time slot... 😉
Here are our paragliding gift vouchers to introduce your friends and family to the sport. Always very popular at a birthdaya grandmother's day, or as a reward for a tidy room, they are the perfect gift. available to buy online. A pretty gift card will be sent to you so that you have something tangible to give as a present (those in a hurry can also request the pdf format to print out :))
Your questions about paragliding first flights in Annecy :
You can go paragliding from 5 years 6 years. What's important is that the child is willing to take part in this activity and weighs at least 20kg. (It's worth bearing in mind, however, that the child will probably have to remain alone in the shuttle without his or her parents for the time it takes to climb to take-off). We have a specially adapted flight formula for children: the Loupiot paragliding flight . This type of flight takes place in the mild conditions of the morning...
For seniors, there's no real age limit; you just need to be able to run a few metres to take off and land.
This activity does not require no prerequisites Our first paragliding flights are for everyone: the curious, children, couples or families. All our instructors have solid trainingwith a wealth of experience. They will share with you the magic of free flight in complete safety. You can even take off at the same time, for an unforgettable experience! Our school and our team professional are present all year round to show you the lake from the air.
What should I wear for my paragliding jump?
It all depends on the season and the temperature. As a general rule, you need to equip yourself as you would for a short hike: trousers (or trouser shorts), a windbreaker and trainers (or mountain boots). It's always much cooler in the air than on the ground, which is due to our constant speed of around 35km/h in the air with our paraglider, and the altitude at which we fly (sometimes up to 2,500m!). Don't forget your sunglasses, they're more comfortable in the air...
Can I take a camera in the air?
Each monitor is equipped with a wide-angle GoPro-type camera, and will take several photos and videos of you (subject to favourable aerological conditions). We will transfer them after the flight, directly into your phone. So that you can enjoy your first paragliding experience at 100%, this service is included in all our flight packages. However, it is perfectly possible to take your camera with you to take photos in flight, as long as you are able to attach it. You are entirely responsible for it.
A paragliding flight in Annecy is both an exhilarating and soothing experience, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding valleys, lake and mountains.
A tandem paragliding jump, or baptism, is a flight with two people: a passenger (you) and a pilot (you). professional paragliding instructorl, holder of the state paragliding certificate.
- We make an appointment together by phone (a few days in advance if possible).
- We meet at our school shoplocated in Talloires, just opposite the landing field. There you'll meet our team and, above all, the instructor who will take you through this exhilarating experience.
- We will then all take the minibus up to the take-off point (depending on the weather and aerological conditions, and the flight you have booked, we will take you to one of the two take-off points: Col de la Forclaz or Planfait).
- Here, your instructor will fit you with a harness and helmet, then prepare the tandem glider on the ground... When you're ready to take off, all you have to do is make a short run across the lake!
- That's it! YOU'RE FLYING!!! Now all you have to do is enjoy the feeling of freedom and the view from the comfort of your harness. The natural updrafts extend the duration of the flight, allowing you to admire the majestic scenery of Annecy.
- The landing goes very smoothly... The descent is controlled and the approach is safe. Just a few more steps, and you're back on the ground... with your head still in the clouds 🙂
- Back to the shop, where you'll be presented with a personalised diploma and all the photos and videos of your adventure...
A paragliding flight in Annecy with Les Grands Espaces is a memorable adventure, supervised by professionals who guarantee a safe and unforgettable experience.
We are fortunate to have two launch sites above Lake Annecy, about 15 minutes from our school:
- Planfait (at an altitude of 960m): a pretty, wild site nestling in a wooded setting, offering dynamic flights that let you play with the updrafts and gain altitude overlooking Lake Annecy, under the benevolent gaze of the majestic Dents de Lanfon. It's a more intimate place, away from the hustle and bustle.
- La Forclaz (at an altitude of 1250m): the highest point in terms of altitude, it is world-famous for its panoramic views. This site offers long-distance flights, either over the surrounding high peaks to reach the school in flight, or over the lake to land at Doussard.
The weather forecast will help us decide on the most appropriate place to start, because the two take-offs do not have the same upwind orientationConditions vary throughout the day. We will not be able to know several days in advance which flying site will be chosen for your first flight; only the instructors will make the decision before departure.
Thanks to the mild local air conditions and the natural protection of the mountains, paragliding in Annecy is available most of the year... Our school and our team are therefore present all year round to show you the lake from the air...
- Because our school has been around since paragliding was first invented one of the first in France ! Unlike many summer venues, we are open all year round.
- For our education tailor-made: that's our core business! Our courses cater for all levels: from beginners to experienced pilots, we organise tailored courses, staggered between March and November. Thanks to the expert advice of our experienced instructors, you'll be able to progress safely in your paragliding and continue to develop your skills in this incredibly exciting sport. To achieve your first autonomy, the early thermals. The first transitions, cross-country, SIV courseWe'll be there for you.
- Because of our privileged geographical position: a magnificent training slope 800m above sea level, two take-off areas overlooking Lake Annecy, our training centre right opposite the landing area, gentle air conditions offering us good flight potential, the mystical beauty of the mountains, the proximity of nature, and above all because we have Gaël... (aka "Chaps").
- We also offer the possibility of making tandem flights all year round. Paragliding is accessible to everyone! Our flying site offers an incredible view of Lake Annecy and the surrounding area... Even without fairy dust, you'll get an eyeful...
- Our paragliding shop is one of the biggest TEST CENTER of France, and offers a wide choice of gliders and harnesses to equip you. Advance, Gin Glider, Sup'Air, Néo, Skywalk, Ozone, 777, Phi, Kortel and many others have placed their trust in us and have been our partners for many years.
Don't hesitate to take the plunge and join us for an unforgettable experience!
To satisfy all tastes, we offer a range of packages for first flights in paragliding in Annecy:
- Discover paragliding takes place in the morning, for a gentle experience (called "VOL LOUPIOT" for children). It's aimed at the curious, those who just want to get a taste of the experience, young children or people prone to motion sickness.
- The ASCENDANCE paragliding flight is organised as soon as the first thermals are in place, at around 1pm, to start gaining altitude and extend the trip. This is the main flight, the one that gives the full dimension of a great paragliding flight.
- The PRESTIGE paragliding flight will take place in the middle of the afternoon, to make the most of the air mass and set off on a magnificent tour of the mountains. An ambitious flight for those who want to extend the trip and go even further.
- CROSS paragliding flight can also be done in the middle of the afternoon, for maximum height and thrills. It is recommended that you have already completed an Ascendance flight beforehand.
We fly all day longWe adapt our formulas to the weather. For example, short flights will be scheduled in the morning (Baptêmes Kiddy/ Discovery): the air is soft and stable, ideal for featherweights. Around midday, the updrafts begin: this is the long-awaited moment for longer flights (Updraft) ! We'll then be able to play in the thermals to take you on a magnificent aerial tour facing Lake Annecy! We'll wait until the middle of the day to offer you more demanding paragliding flights (Prestige / Cross-country / Cross ++). The thermals will then be strong enough to allow us to get even higher...
If you feel like it, you can take your emotions to the next level by asking your pilot to perform acrobatic curves 🙂 We don't offer a specifically 'acrobatic' first flight, but depending on the conditions and your wishes, we'll be delighted to introduce you to aerobatics. Tonic curves will be performed on request, and never imposed. There's no extra cost involved, and the adrenalin rush is immediate!
No, there's no such thing as vertigo when paragliding. To get it, you have to keep your feet on the ground and look down. It's an inner ear problem.
However, if you are prone to travel sickness, don't choose a paragliding experience that is too long, because we evolve in 3 dimensions. If you're not used to mountain roads, the shuttle ride up might seem more impressive than the flight itself! But the view is worth the effort...
The pleasure of flying takes over, giving you a thrill and a sense of wonder. Flying over the magnificent Annecy flying sitesYou'll feel the thermal updrafts, those currents of warm air that carry you up and make you glide, increasing the adrenalin of the flight.
Breathtaking landscapes await you, guaranteeing a spectacle that will fill your eyes. Whether it's one of our first paragliding flights or a more experienced one, landing after such an experience will leave you with unforgettable memories.
Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone on 04.50.60.79.06.
The Grands Espaces propose for over 35 years Paragliding first flights over Lake Annecy. Thanks to mild local air conditions and the natural protection of the mountains, paragliding in Annecy can be enjoyed most of the year... Our school and our team are therefore present all year round to show you the lake from the air.